Friday, September 09, 2005

Wedding

My friend Laura got married to Chris on Saturday 3 September and I had the honour of attending the wedding day in Maldon, Essex. The whole event was absolutely fantastic and my congratulations to Laura and Chris. I wish you all the best together.

The event left me totally emotionally and physically exhausted and it actually took me a couple of days to recover. But it was well worth it.

Aside from the wedding ceremony itself one highlight was having a two year old girl latch on to me during the ceremony and getting a massive honest hug from her half way through. Why as adults can we not still do stuff like that? Kate and Mark nevertheless insisted on laughing at me for the whole ‘Nick’s looking after a two year old’ situation on account of me not really being equipped to deal with it. Its true, me and young kids generally get along about as well as bed time milk and napalm. However I thought I did reasonably well in this case, her Dad even bought me a beer at the evening reception so I can’t have done that badly. First time a girl has hugged me and her Dad then bought me a beer.

The whole event was excellent and I believe thoroughly enjoyed by all. Even the four mile stumble back to the hotel along a remote country lane in the pitch dark I will remember with some fondness.

Also I think I should say sorry to the waitress in a pub in Chelmsford who I was totally pissy to on the following Sunday lunch when my food didn’t come fast enough and then didn’t have any mayonnaise. Yeah, sorry I was hungry and tired.

No comments: