Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Razor

The electric razor I have had since my parents kindly bought it for me when I was sixteenish is broken. The foil covering the cutting bit got bent somehow and now it gauges small cuts in my face when I shave. It is so small its barely visible so it took me a while to realise what the mild slashing sensation I was having whilst shaving was being caused by.

I have since ceased using it so by default have ended up growing stubble. It would be kind of manly were it not for the fact that I still cannot grow a proper beard as it just turns out patchy. I am concerned that it is going to end up growing into some blond, fluffy, experimentalish, student style thing so I think I need to get a new razor before the style police come knocking on my door.

Problem with this is that I want to take my time about any new razor purchase and make sure I get a decent one. A nose round the shops hasn’t got me very far and the shaving industry does not appear to have moved into the twenty-first century along with the remainder of the western world and I am struggling to find much information on the internet. Heaven forbid I am going to have to buy a copy of ‘Bench Pressing your own Weight Monthly’ or other similar publication for a list of reviews.

Ultimately I fear I will end up with an item wrong and rushed whilst in the interim folks is thinking I am either a gay bus driver or an inbred from the deep south of America (cos they is the only folks that have fluffy, blond facial hair).

1 comment:

Nick said...

Yes, this is the quandry I am having. John Lewis is a good suggestion.

Meanwhile I am using some cheapy job I bought years ago for a reason I can't recall. Not ideal.