Sunday, April 02, 2006

Phone dump II

Now I have the interface between my phone and pc working again and home internet getting connected I can add some imagery to the recently rather stark appearance of the blog. So, like phone dump, a bunch of stuff I captured on my phone camera over the past month or so with some commentary as appropriate.

My points for speeding endorsed on my license. I thought I would actually get ‘points.’ You know like stars or dots or blips or something. But no, apparently fixed penalty 03 covers it. They could have stamped it straight.


My new flat the day before I moved in. The lamp shades (really the ones that came with the flat were pretty awful) and hoody unceremoniously deposited near the wall were my first mark on the place. It looks a bit different now.


Moving day. This is Graham having a break in the car park to my old place.


This is Gunnersbury, just off the north circular. Guess what is proposed to go here... A replacement telephone booth. Not very exciting but I was all over the enthusiastic about doing the planning of somewhere new at the time.


My old freezer compartment. The nuances of this was formerly going to form a post in its own right before I realised that the contents of my freezer were probably not going to be particularly interesting and thus that blog post idea was ditched (and yes that is two different flavours of ice cream, phish food and Dublin mudslide if you are interested, both very good).


The hoody crew: Me looking like a wonky eyed idiot and Elia looking a little better in a pub in Maidenhead. Kieron was there too but he had gone off to hide in the disabled toilet at the time.


And stuff that didn’t make it: Two photos I had of a massive fire near work that closed down the entirety of The Broadway for a full afternoon. I deleted them accidentally much to my own irritation. They were like the most interesting shots I had. There was like fire and smoke and fire engines and ambulances and stuff and all sorts.

I often wish I took more photos of stuff, especially when people are around. What with digital photography being so easy and disposable, occasionally interesting and with my mobile phone camera being pretty good considering its dinky size and really quite secondary function as a camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you coming to Sheffield with Elia at easter?

Anonymous said...

Are you coming to Sheffield with Elia at easter?

Nick said...

should be. negotiating details with elia at the mo.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, I'm in Sheffield Thurdsay and Friday. This isn't the best place to have a conversation about it, but hey!