Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Interim co-team leader

Well, my previous concerns have come to fruition. I have recently been asked to act as ‘interim’ team leader to half a team at work (four people) amidst various reorganisational bits and pieces. Now the clever bit about tagging the words ‘interim co-’ to this means that I don’t actually have team leader authority, nor do I have team leader pay, nor do I have team leader job title but get all the grief for it and I still have to carry a fair proportion of my regular work load on top of ‘interim co-’ team leading. However this is clearly a good addition to my cv (when suitably pimped of course) and puts me on the front line for actual advancement to team leader status (setting aside that I remain unconvinced that this a career direction I wish to pursue at the moment).

Overall I am not sure if I am pleased about this or not. Sure the bossing folks about and throwing my weight around is no doubt going to be a bit of fun for a while but not having ever really done that kind of thing before am not sure how long the appeal of that will last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why dont you ask for more pay? surely interim-co means more than just the senior you are at the moment?

Nick said...

just the senior! i am principal planner! ;)

and the 'interim co-' bit i made up, like i said i keep my current job title. ... (ahem) principal planner.