Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Oh so you blog do you

As I have said before, the folks I work with don’t know about the blog. I haven’t been intentionally not telling them about it, it just hasn’t come up.

Thus far, I think most people have found out about the blog through linky referrals from other web pages, such as Bng’s blog or via an email. Comparably few have actually been told about it face to face. Those who have been told have generally responded with an ‘oh, what’s that all about then? Isn’t that kinda weird?’

Both of these questions could most easily be resolved by reading it in the first place, rather than me telling you all about it face to face, but you can't say that to someone. I have rapidly learned that interpersonal conversation and the blog have a large crossover and I often repeat what I have posted to the blog because people haven’t read it or vice versa.

But sending people an email with a link in it always strikes me as a little self-promotional and disassociated. I mean people might not be interested, or care, or may still not grasp what’s going on. So I have left it at as a none-issue.

So for the folks at work I am not going to tell you about the blog but will respond if you ask, but why would anyone ask?

No comments: