Monday, January 30, 2006

Repeat offender

So I have picked up another speeding ticket. I get the impression that they are probably not going to send me on some wanky drivers education course this time as clearly the last time they packed me off there it didn’t work on account of my getting booked again. But then again last time I went it only served to give me the impression that I was a better driver than everyone else there because they all really sucked.

I am not so pissed off about this time though because I got caught doing a manly 81mph by a stealth radar van whereas last time I got flashed by an omnipotent static camera that I knew was there whilst travelling a scant 36mph, making it particularly irritating. At least this time it was sporting. And I happened to be late for an appointment this time too so I have an excuse (albeit pretty weak) whereas last time I was just being impatient and inattentive.

And the moral of this post is; when you bust through the speed limit in southern Buckinghamshire don’t do it on the A404 between the M40 and the turn off to Maidenhead or in any of these other locations.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate no wonder you got done for speeding if you were busy taking a photo of the camera at the time!

Nick said...

Actually I think I might have been in more trouble if I had taken the photo, what with the van facing the wrong direction for a dual carriageway. I don't think it is even a camera-van to be honest. Looks like some sort of brake down rescue van with that yellow light on top.

Anonymous said...

When did you get caught speeding and have to do a wanky driving course? Was that instead of getting points or did you get them anyway?

Nick said...

It was about 6 months ago. I had the option of three points and a £60 fine or half a day of drivers eductaion. It wasn't too hard a choice!

Nick said...

New scheme?! 4 points?! I don't want fines and points. I need lenient rehabilitation and to waste another afternoon learning the error of my ways.