Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Six movies

A list of six movies that everyone else seems to think are rather good that I thought were really boring:

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Get Shorty
The Usual Suspects
The first Lord of the Rings movie
The second Lord of the Rings movie
The third Lord of the Rings movie



A list of six movies that I thought were rather good but rarely admit to because nobody else seems to agree with me:

So I Married an Axe Murderer
Pitch Black
Star Wars Episode I – The Phantom Menace
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
2010
13 going on 30 (ok, not really but I couldn't come up with a sixth and this happended to be on tv when I was trying to come up with something)

A list of six movies that should be watched at least once a year (ideally with either lots of tea or lots of beer):

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club
Die Hard
Any one of the three original Star Wars movies
Alien
The Terminator

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to disagree with you mate on your choice of boring films, have you read the LOTR books? And did you not like the Usual Suspects because you didnt get the twist or because that got ruined for you before you saw it? And I would recommend the addition of Top Gun to your list of movies to watch with beer/tea

Nick said...

Top Gun! Top Gun!

K8 said...

Dune has to be in there somewhere?

Nick said...

Yeah good call! Scratch 13 going on 30 and stick Dune in.

Anonymous said...

I think Blade should also be added to the once a year with beer/tea collection

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nick, I've read the LOTR books and I found them quite dull. Nick you didn't put Narnia on your boring list.

Nick said...

Have to agree that Blade probably should make it onto the once a year list.

And Narnia is very boring, as well as being just plain crap.