Monday, January 23, 2006

Seven more

Rejects:

Maidenhead one bed – Nicely decorated flat in period property next to the river, plenty of height to it, not so much floorpsace though, which is where it counts.
Maidenhead one bed – Ok sized but just off the A4 and noisy, has parking but half way across town. Comes (badly) furnished.
Maidenhead one bed – Slightly strangely laid out flat with wood floors. Ok, so there wasn’t anything really wrong with it, it just didn’t feel quite right. Can’t put my finger on it, just not right.

Candidates:

Maidenhead one bed – Good size, right next to the river. Comes part furnished with questionable taste but nothing really wrong with it, a little pricey; paying for river proximity.
Maidenhead one bed – Majorly close to the train station, a little small and a little dated. I was initially put off because the current tenants were, well, filthy but I have no doubt the place would get a decent clean and then it would probably be ok. It’s hard to look past the major ming problem though.
Maidenhead one bed – In the same block as the place I lost out on and a bit smaller (also cheaper) and there really was nothing wrong with it at all apart from the living room was a bit purple.
Maidenhead two bed – A little on the pricey side but a clear winner, comfortable walk to the station, immaculately presented, comes well, but sparsely, furnished which is ideal as I could probably just fit most of my stuff in it too, and the rest can go in the garage that comes with it.

(I think my judgement on the latter three might have been a bit skewed though because the pretty girl who showed me round was unreasonably flirty).

No comments: