Monday, November 07, 2005

All change (in theory)

I should probably explain the lack of posts both on Friday and my usually posting something earlier, today. The [withdrawn] offered me the position of Principal Planner at 16:22 on Thursday last week. I spent Friday and the weekend deliberating and considering whether I was going to accept the position.

However, suffice to say that by Sunday afternoon I was pretty convinced that I was going to go for it and could make it work financially and practicably on a daily basis (mainly in terms of where to live and commuting related stuff).

I was hoping to do a grand post announcing this and briefly expressing my feelings on it after ringing them and confirming my acceptance of the position much earlier this morning. However, I can’t get in touch with them and nor can my recruitment consultant's stand in (who is very nice in fairness) as the main guy is on holiday.

So, erm, hopefully at some point, eventually I might be able to talk to my prospective employer and sort all this out however for the mean time it is still rather up in the air. Perhaps tomorrows post will be a little more triumphant?...

4 comments:

K8 said...

Congratulations Nick. Where are you going to live? will you be homeless? When do you start? Ealing is just south of where my folks live. I can ask if any of my old friend know of a spare room if you like. I assume you are probably too stuck in your solitary ways for this to be an option now but never mind.

We can go drinking to celebrate on friday. woot. Get the steaks in.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nick. I hope they are offering you the wedge of cash you deserve :-)



PS: Kate - w00t! has two zeros in it and an exclamation mark on the end like this: w00t! They are not optional - they are part of the word. If you do not know this then you are not qualified to say w00t!

Nick said...

Will fill out more detail tomorrow in hopefully what will be a slightly more comprehensive post...

The w00t debate: UrbanDictionary.com seems to indicate that either woot, w00t or w00t! convey similar meanings but I would have to agree with Dave that 'w00t!' can only truly be expressed correctly with numerical figures between the 'w' and 't' but I wouldn't say the '!' is mandatory - more a variable to indicate the depth and intensity of the 'w00t(!)'

K8 said...

sorry I wasn't sure if the news was big enough to warrent a w00t! hence the use of woot. I have subsequently changed my mind. w00t! to the new job Nick (or should that be W00t! as it is the beginning of the sentance?)