Tuesday, October 18, 2005

How popular are you

Well, the end of last week saw visits to Nick101 fall through the floor from a fairly consistent 15-17ish viewers for the preceding two weeks to a rather dismal 8-9 at the end of the week. So in order to try and revive flagging viewer figures I have been attempting to work out what folks are actually interested in and what prompts the most feedback.

Thus far, based on comment feedback alone, English Riviera and The hotel of evil seem to have prompted the most interest in terms of comments posted although the two are totally different in terms of content matter. This really baffles me as I thought Pikeys was one of the more interesting topics which generated little feedback whilst The hotel of evil was very similar in terms of style to Sealand which also prompted limited feedback.

Thus far I am still struggling to establish what people are interested in and what prompts higher viewings as I can find no logic to it, perhaps there is none?

Anyhow, as I can’t seem, for the time being at least, to pin down what keeps people interested, I am going to go off at a complete tangent and say follow this link which I have been meaning to do a post about for some time but could never come up with any kind of decent pretence to do so. It’s a gently amusing short story which made me smile. I think it’s worth a read but then again what you choose to read and what you don’t choose to read is entirely up to you as my viewer statistics show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have tried to assess whether the frequency of visits and comments is directly related to the content of the site, but maybe you should consider other external factors as well. I mean most of the vists and comments are posted during the day when people are at work, so less frequent visits and comments might actually relate to people being more busy at work and having less time to visit/comment as opposed to it being because they are less interested in the content

K8 said...

I agree with mark. Whether or not I visit is determined by how busy I am at work. Also how 'on form' as BNG would say your writting style is. Not what you write about particularly but what angle you decide to go for.

Would love to post a longer comment but I might get fired.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, was really busy last week so haven't had a chance to read it. But am trying to make up for it now. Pikeys always interesting. What sort of key opens everything? A pikey!