Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's horribly, horribly early (again)

So, another morning of getting up early today. If you asked my boss, this is because ‘I have to be at home for the boiler repair man who is coming this morning.’ The real reason being that I have a job interview near Liverpool Street at 9am this morning.

Getting up early, or more accurately going out early, used to really irritate me but for various reasons I have had to do it seemingly more and more frequently of late. I still don’t like actually having to get out of bed in the morning but living by myself at least I can superheat my flat in the morning to the extent that I think most folks would probably find uncomfortable, but which makes me cosy and emerging from a bed a little more bearable. One thing I do like is once you are up and actually out early how nice and quiet it is, especially when it is slightly wintery slash autumnish like it is at the moment in the morning and I get to wrap up in a jacket and scarf. At the moment I am actually looking forward to getting my cup of coffee from the train station and catching the train down to London.

The interview I am going for is actually interview one for the [withdrawn] job that I said I wasn’t going to go for on the basis of their slightly shitty approach and cruddy application forms. However, following some sweet talking from their recruitment consultant where the guy explained that they really couldn’t care less about the application forms (possibly hence their crap format, see Stupid Questions) and just wanted a copy of my CV, I was a little more amenable to playing ball.

I am not too sure how the interview is going to go or even what it is all about. As I am meeting the recruitment consultants as opposed to my potential employer. I am sure this stage is to weed out the wheat from the chaff but am not too sure how these recruitment consultants will determine me to be either wheat or chaff. I am very conscious that the position I am applying for is possibly a little bold I think, but if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Anyway, it’s something different for a change and I recon I should be done by half ten at the latest so I have grand designs on getting a nice late leisurely breakfast somewhere in London and that should be nice even if I get nothing out of the rest of the day.

No comments: