Thursday, October 27, 2005

Back to school with avengence

So do you remember those University course work questions that had you totally stumped, like the ones where you didn’t even know where to start. In my experience I managed to side step most of these as they were either one of a number of questions (so you pick the one you understand as opposed to the difficult one) or group work so could either avoid or disguise ignorance.

The ones I had to confront head on I had plenty of time to prepare for and generally could fudge my way through with a bit of rhetoric and some misquoted passages. Clearly I got away with this approach as I got my qualifications.

However, those nice folks at [withdrawn] have tasked me with giving a power point presentation on the most ridiculously hard theoretical question by next Wednesday. Between now and then I have two spare(ish) evenings (one being my birthday; yippee) and a spare morning in which to work out what I am supposed to be doing (as it is horrendously open ended), research it, put something together, re-learn how to use power point, practice and then deliver.

Sorry, this post is short. I am busy panicking.

Oh, I got a second interview with [withdrawn], in case you hadn't guessed.

4 comments:

K8 said...

What is the subject matter? Maybe we can help.

Nick said...

Thanks for the offer but I don't want to post the precise task on the internet (general work related paranois reasons). Although if anyone knows the legislative provisions for charging for pre-app advice or weighting on planning delivery grant performance criteria that would be a big help!

Anonymous said...

"Although if anyone knows the legislative provisions for charging for pre-app advice or weighting on planning delivery grant performance criteria that would be a big help!"

I think it is about 14 mate. Hope that helps ;-)

Failing that I shall buy you a pint on Saturday!

Good luck with the presentation and the interview planning :-)

Nick said...

Thanks Dave, 14 is er, very helpful ;).