Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Leisure time II

Ok, so I am having new ideas about leisure time. What would be great is to have something like the new I-pod but with a bigger screen and BBC breakfast (or something else like that) to start doing podcasts that I could download and then watch on the train. Reading is ok and I am certainly steaming through my current book but it is a little too involved for the morning. Something more passive like breakfast tv would suit perfectly.

Unfortunately, I think I am a little ahead of the times at the moment with Apple’s I-pod being the only video supporting portable media player with a reasonably large hard disk and the screen still being a little on the small side, BBC breakfast not doing podcasts and all the other ones that update on a daily basis predominantly being audio only, and, of course, my home internet connection actually working.

Still, I think it’s a nice idea and its not like I am relying on technology that isn’t already on the market or doesn’t exist yet. And I am hardly coming up with anything that other people haven’t thought of already. It’s just a question of waiting for everyone else to sort it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why dont you get a gameboy to play on the train? They're retro and you can play tetris on them. I have one at home, but its in the garage. I have tetris and super mario brothers. About 3 years ago i went through a tetris addiction phase- it took alot of will power to put the gameboy in the garage. Just thinking about it is giving me cravings. I saw mark's fancy hand held playstation thing, but its a bit too fancy for me, give me a two tone lcd screen and some falling blocks any day!