Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Customer service

Me: So my broadband isn’t working, still, and your engineers haven’t called me like they said they would.
Operator: I am sorry to hear that, let me just access your records.
Me: Ok.
Operator: I am just going to transfer you to another department.
Me: Why?
Operator: You need to speak to this other department. Do you mind holding while I put you through?
Me: Fine.
*hold*
Next operator: Let me just put you on hold while I speak to the engineers on your behalf.
Me: Sigh, ok.
*hold*
Next operator: I am going to transfer you through to the next department, can you hold please?
Me: Yeah, whatever.
*hold*
Next, next operator: Let me just put you on hold while I obtain your details.
Me: Sure.
*hold*
Next, next operator: I have accessed your records, an engineer will call you in the next two days.
Me: That’s what I was told two days ago, why are you telling me the same thing now?
Next, next operator: Well the engineers have to test the line and arrange for somebody to call you to come out and assess what the problem is and somebody will call you to arrange an appointment in the next two days.
Me: Yes, yes, next two days, that’s what I was told two days ago. Why are you still telling me the same thing?
Next, next operator: Well the engineers have to test the line and arrange for somebody to call you to come out and assess what the problem is and somebody will call you to arrange an appointment in the next two days.
Me: You just repeated the same thing you said before, you haven’t answered my question. Why was I told the same thing two days ago?
Next, next operator: Well the engineers have to test the line and arrange…
*hangs up*
Total call time: 25 minutes.

1 comment:

K8 said...

I told you BT was crap. You should have gone for bulldog or the one Owain works for.