Thursday, March 30, 2006

The great milk crisis

The coffee shop I purchase my morning coffee from in the morning has recently put up a sign that reads as follows:

Due to the increase in the price of milk for the fifth time in a row we are sorry to announce that as of Monday 27th March the price of our milky drinks will be going up.

The already extortionate price of a large coffee (which isn’t exactly that large) is £1.50 and has increased to £1.75.

Now I don’t mind the occasional price rise but what is this ‘fifth increase’ in the price of milk? The milk I have been buying has risen by perhaps 3 pence per pint in the last four years. Beyond that I don’t even recall. So I have come to the conclusion that they have just made this up in order to hike up the price of a coffee.

These five pseudo milk price increases must be pretty massive in order to justify tacking on the price of almost an entire pint of milk on top the existing price. I am certainly not receiving an extra pint of milk in my coffee.

I am pretty unimpressed with these fake increases in the price of milk that is being loaded onto my already extortionate coffee price. So on that basis I am taking my business elsewhere. Hello Starbucks.

No comments: