Monday, February 06, 2006

Tying up the loose strings

You may recall my post about the mobile home Inquiry and my subsequent (somewhat self congratulatory) post, Inquiry debrief. So I am most pleased to report the appeal was dismissed (meaning we won) (and of course this includes my favourite bit… getting my name on the ‘end credits’ of the decision notice). The decision notice even included a reference to my remark under cross examination about the mobile home park being a little twee for my tastes, sadly it wasn’t worded quite like that.

I am quite pleased that this decision came before I leave my current job as I have plugged a sizeable chunk of time and effort into the case so getting a win is a real plus. Whilst it is by far and away not the end of it in the grand scheme of things it is a major landmark.

Whilst I am happy to be moving on to new things there are a number of cases I still have running that I am going to have to pass on to whoever picks up my post that I kinda would like to find out what goes on. My self imposed rules mean I won’t divulge to much about the cases but I am going to log them in a fairly vague form. So here is a list of the cases I would like to see the outcome of (and in honesty the ones that I think would have made really good blog posts had I had the nerve to write about them):

The marker posts
The ostrich farm
The reality TV building
The water bottles
The landfill site
The worst extension in the world

No comments: