Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Maidenhead baby (again)

I have a flat in Maidenhead. And this time I have stuck my rental deposit down on it so it shouldn’t be going anywhere like the last place did, no evil tenants to change their minds and stay this time.


Anyhow, this place is a little smaller then the previous place I thought I had secured and only has one bedroom. However it is up on the second floor, which is great because I like being up high, and has a rather funky balcony (pictured, top left) with funky (in a different sense) views over the London to Bristol mainline and a haulage yard. It is also way close to the train station, being only five minutes walk away (that’s five actual minutes, not five estate agent minutes which appear to be about three times longer than a standard minute). Also it has a buzzer entry phone thingy which means it is classy.

Move in date is scheduled (in draft) for the weekend of 11 March.

I am still a little disappointed that I didn’t get the first place I thought I had secured as it was bigger and as equally well decorated internally. However it was further away from the train station and supposedly in a crumby area (although I still refuse to accept that to a certain degree).

Regardless, I am happy with the place I have got.

3 comments:

Nick said...

More details here (don't know hoe much longer the link will work tho). The balcony really sold me on it. You're welcome anytime of course.

K8 said...

You need to buy a sofabed for guests. A nice comfy one , and then you will have a sofa and a bed.

Nick said...

Yeah, I know. Its in the plan. And there is no way that that scruffy red one I have had for the last three years is moving with me. Its going to the dump, or maybe under an overpass or in a canal.