Thursday, February 23, 2006

Traffic

So on Monday I left home at 7:45 and arrived at work (well, outside it) at just after 8:30 (45 minutes). On Tuesday I left home 10 minutes later at 7:55 and arrived at work at 9:00 (65 minutes). Yesterday I left home at 8:05 and arrived at work at 9:30 (85 minutes).

So for every 10 minutes later I leave after 7:45, it costs me an extra 20 minutes in commuting time.

This is due to getting stuck in less traffic earlier and of course this meaning you get farther along the journey before getting caught in heavier traffic and then finding a parking space nearer work as (obviously) the best free spaces are taken first and the later you are the farther away you are meaning it takes longer to walk from the car. Suffice to say that I am not messing around at home this morning.

This little statistic in itself is pushing me to consider adjusting my posting time to evenings as opposed to mornings, at least until I move flats.

No comments: