Monday, December 19, 2005

How much?!

So I have found this block of flats in Maidenhead that I have kinda fallen for.


The block is pig ugly to say the least, being generic 1960s mass produced crap (see photo). Moreover, according to Kate (former Maidenhead resident) it is in the arse end of Maidenhead (although this still seems a lot nicer than Langley and I am not even going to bother to compare it to Slough) and it is a fair chunk of a walk from the station. There are presently two flats up to buy and two for rent. There are only about thirty flats in total in the development so that nearly 15% are up for grabs at Christmas time is hardly a glowing recommendation.

I still like it though which is possibly slightly irrational (or stupid).

I have seen a bunch of flats in Maidenhead now and I have to say what I can afford is more than a little miserable aside from the aforementioned ugly block of flats in the arse end of Maidenhead.

I appear stuck in the infinitely unsatisfactory position of having to trade off commuting time with a nice flat with a decent area with paying to live there and (of course) I can’t afford them all…

Anyhow, flat hunting is now suspended until after new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So basically you arent being too picky, you just want a pimp pad, 10 mins from work, for about a tenner?! Shouldnt be too hard....

Nick said...

Well, I am happy to pay more than a tenner. But yeah, a nice pad near the station would be good.