Monday, December 12, 2005

All change (no really this time)

Ok, so contract is returned to [withdrawn], notice handed in at present work and today I start the first day of my quest (proper) to find somewhere new to live.

First up on the list is Maidenhead but I still have that nagging feeling that it is just going to be too expensive. Nevertheless, I need to go have a look around to see what I can get. We’ll have to see what comes of that.

Conscious that I might not be able to afford Maidenhead I took a daring look around Langley this weekend as it has a reasonable compromise between being more affordable, closer to Ealing and not being Slough. And to demonstrate that Langley isn’t in Slough I have produced this helpful map:

Anyhow, now that I have [withdrawn] in the bag of course I am now (I say now, I mean at some point…) going to have to go back through all my posts and withdraw reference to it as it rather conflicts with my being paranoid about blogging work stuff.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Yes, nice, warm and ferociously toxic! In any case it doesn’t have a decent connecting train link so it’s off the cards, central heating savings aside!

And no I totally missed the explosion, slept right through. I seem to be the only person I have spoken to who did mind. I almost feel a little left out.

Anonymous said...

Its alright mate, I was dead to the world when i happened, slept straight through too!! Those few snakebites the night before might have helped somewhat....