Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back to work

Hmm, sucks to be me. Back to work already. Not sure how I ended up doing that. I seem to recall thinking ‘I’ll book some time off in the new year and enjoy the between Christmas and New Year lull and avoid the post New Year chaos.’ But I apparently failed to book off much time in the New Year too.

However (thinking ahead) leaving work before the end of the tax year means that four days have been slashed off my annual leave allocation so the remaining days off I have will be most welcome when (hopefully) moving flat time comes around.

Anyway the Christmas break was good. Four days of not being at work and getting yummy home cooked food are not to be snuffed at (and I now have two quiet days in the office before flat hunting recommences). For pressies I got a cook book, a stack of cash as well as the usual array of booze, chocolate, and socks. Sadly no flat screen tft monitor or any other jazzy electronic devices but there you go. Christmas sales were also a little disappointing as I picked up absolutely bugger all.

Hope everyone else got lots of nice stuff too.

(Have also added an emaily side bar thingy for a new way to send abuse and will hopefully keep it, subject to spam robots not attacking me).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA - I don`t have to go back till 10th Jan. Am currently typing this on my mum`s snazzy new lap top which was bought in Japan and keeps turning all the english into Japanese so I can`t read it! Stupid clever Laptop. Hope you have a good New Year Nick. Back home today and then up to Sctoland tomorrow for the New Year!

Nick said...

Well hey you will be able to do some Japanese emoticons (^_-)!
Have fun in Scotland.