Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jet fog

I got up this morning at about 8am in San Francisco. Had coffee and breakfast and then walked to the San Francisco cable car museum which we looked around until around 11:30am. Then we picked our bags up from our hotel and went via taxi and train to San Francisco airport and boarded the 4:30pm flight to Heathrow. I had dinner and a glass of wine and watched a few movies and was about to go to sleep when they switched the lights on in the plane and gave me breakfast.

The plane arrived, supposedly, at 10:30am. We then caught the train back to my flat and dosed for a while. Claire is still asleep.

Meanwhile, the weather in the UK is better than the weather we left in California, the clocks have supposedly changed, my clock on California time tells me it is 6:20am, my mobile phone (which I left off and in the UK) tells me it is 8:05am, my computer tells me it is 2:20pm, my bedside alarm says it is 12:40pm and my video clock says it is 1:20pm. My brain says it is night time, the rest of my body says it is day time and at the moment I am totally befuddled as to what is going on.

Anyhow, my present confusion as to what time it is and what I am supposed to be doing aside, I/we had an excellent holiday which included traversing gorges, catching ferries and having 'eat as much as you like' sushi for $20 (£10) in Vancouver, skiing and apres ski in Whistler and cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge and visiting Alcatraz in San Francisco.

No doubt more details and maybe some pictures to follow. In the meantime I am going to go work out whether to have lunch or breakfast or sleep or something else in between.

No comments: