Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Skipping the country

So Bng is/was thinking about Japan. I am also thinking about moving to a different country for a while. Australia to be precise. I am still investigating jobs, visas and accommodation however I can’t find any decent reason not to go. The draft plan at the moment is to move out to Australia at some point between the end of the UK summer and Christmas so we get two summers. Thinking Sydney/Melbourne area or maybe Brisbane for the weather, try to get me a job before we go and get a working visa otherwise we will (hopefully) find temp planner jobs out there on a working holiday visa. This may then be followed by a similar arrangement in New Zealand (where, fyi, they are lot more amenable to letting you stay permanently than Australia). This is, of course, early stages so ‘the plan’ may be subject to variation/amendment.

To say I am amazingly excited about this is an understatement. My Mum however, not so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I wish I was as brave as you! Is claire going as well?

Anonymous said...

yup, that is the plan... and don't get me wrong i am slightly nervous about it too!