Sunday, July 02, 2006

The wedding

This weekend I had the honour of attending the wedding of my close friends Kate and Andrew or K8 and Bng as the internet would have you believe they are called. The whole day was excellent and brilliantly choreographed by all involved from the initial ceremony to the wedding breakfast, cutting the cake, the evening ceilidh and then slightly drunken deconstruction of the evening festivities.

Now a wedding is always going to be a great thing but this one had particular resonance for me as K8 and Bng are particularly close friends who I met at University some eight years ago now.

I met them both, as they met me, at around about the same time in my first year at University and followed their blossoming relationship from the very start when they ‘hooked up’ in the first year and went from then on. I have had the pleasure of living with both of them in several different places whilst I was at University and we got up to all kinds of activities including what I consider to be the singularly finest moment of taking our fourth year flat to red alert.

Anyway, so it was an absolute delight when I found out they were engaged and the wedding this weekend was pretty emotive for me and I know for a lot of other people too. I admit that I did nearly cry during the wedding ceremony but managed to control myself because of course guys don’t do that sort of thing.

So my congratulations to both Kate and Andrew on their wedding. I wish you all the best together.

So that you get the gist of what was going on here are a couple of photos from my cameraphone, not in the order of the highest quality of the photos taken that day by any stretch but I thought it would be nice to add a record on the blog.

Arrival of the bride.

Exchange of rings.

Signing the register.

The first dance.

A slightly later dance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Nick for super blog about wedding. So pleased you enjoyed it. Thanks also for pictures because we were so busy enjoying the wedding we didn't take any. Andrew's Mum.

Anonymous said...

Hey mate,

Good blog. I particularly like the photo of the 1st dance - that has come out great. Thanks for coming along and helping out when exhaustion got the better of me. Take care & see you soon!

Nick said...

Thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

you big girl.

and hello from the Garrards in Zagreb.